Saturday, November 7, 2009

Weekend remainders

When it come to healthcare, everything in the US is much, much more expensive.

Democrats came very close to winning to winning the NY City race, but the White House didn't want to disrespect Bloomberg.

I'm not a fan of Maureen Dowd, but her take on Rush is worth reading.

This is not helpful: Right wingers are attacking Islam because of the guy who went nuts at Ft. Hood. This guy is no more a good Muslim than Timothy McVeigh was a good Christian.

Sigourney Weaver joins the cast of Cedar Rapids? Umm, what is "Cedar Rapids" about? Here's the best I have found: It's a movie of a group of small town insurance people headed to CR for a convention. Hmm, considering the AFLAC meetings I went to last year, I could be in this movie.

And finally, if my Republican friends are looking for good news they should subscribe to the Weekly Standard.

1 comment:

  1. RE: "Cedar Rapids" - what a boring title. I looked it up on IMDB.com and now that I'm reminded who John C. Reilly is I really dread the release of this film. They're going to make fun of us, AGAIN, and now they're hitting me a little close to home. As the daughter of a small town insurance agent and a current programmer at an insurance company, I am just cringing at the possibilities.

    To be fair, there is comedy in insurance, but I just don't see this cast and crew hitting it.

    ReplyDelete