Saturday, February 7, 2009

How big is a dime bag?

My friend Sam (the one who stood outside of BestBuy on the day after Thanksgiving) has had the task of baby sitting me on the night before departing. I think I held my nerves in check much better on this go around than I did last August.

As I kept throwing more and more in the suitcases I knew I was going way over the 50 pound per bag limit. The solution? Take one of the 2 gallon bags of popcorn and break them into smaller bags. When I weighed in I would find out how much over I was and remove just enough bags to go under the limit.
We poured the popcorn into two pound and one pound bags. Dad accompanied me in the airport with a sack to take back the excess popcorn. In the end the guy at Delta didn't even weigh them. Ugh. There was a lot more I could have packed.

*****
Did I just date myself by using the term "dime bag"?

No comments:

Post a Comment