Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In Ben we trust

Bush deserves credit. It's like praising the "challenged kid" who finally ties his shoelaces... but Bush does deserve credit for appointing Bernanke. I listened to Treasury Secretary Geithner's announcement (underwhelming) and several hours of Bernanke testifying before congress.

Bernanke is very impressive. There is no longer a question of whether or not we're screwed. The question now is "How bad will it be." Bernanke gave no easy answers but he calmly explained everything he was doing to improve the situation. He didn't talk in circles or pat himself on the back (like his predescessor Alan Greenspan).

*****
According to stats along the side this is my 500th post. I'll make the same request I've made many times before: Please make comments. I've removed the time consuming log in requirements. I'll try to answer questions from the comments and not get (too) defensive on the criticisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment