Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A great trip home

I inexplicably cannot find my camera from Ann to post pictures from the day.  The day started with lunch with her mother, moved on to dinner with my parents and Tony and ended with a conversation with a fraternity brother and his new fiance.  

On this trip I missed a few people.  A few pain me because it just seemed to never work out.  Overall, however, it was a great trip.  

Odds are I won't be back next January.

I love Iowa.  I love my friends.  I love my family.  And not necessarily in that order.

Even before I came back I joked that it was insane to return to Iowa in January.  In reality it is more than "Iowa in January".  Living in the Emirates is easier, period.  There's no other way to put it.  Plus the Emriates is a short hop from Kenya, Egypt, India, Greece, or a return trip to Nepal.  

I really do love my friends, family, and state and thanks to installing Skype I'll be able to stay in touch better.  For now I will return to the land where my students make more money than I do.

It's a good place.

3 comments:

  1. I do find it very funny that we have one more cold spell just before you head out. Thank you for the gifts and it was good to see you. Have a safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a safe trip back and I hope we get to see you whenever you come back again! We'll be thinking of you and hoping you have an event-free trip!

    ReplyDelete