Friday, February 6, 2009

Back safe

I get up ridiculously early Thursday. Fly to Atlanta, have a great time seeing Coke Museum, CNN, MLK grave, Centennial Park... get on a plane fly to Dubai... drive to my home it is now 11PM Friday.

This whole losing a day somewhere is hard to wrap my little mind around.

Oh well, it's good to be back.

*****
Update: Sandy is right. I mistakenly wrote in the previous post that I'd be traveling overnight on Friday when it was really Thursday. Regardless, it is a strange day when you wake up on Thursday and go to bed Friday night. Losing ten hours is a strange experience... although I'm pretty sure it happened a few times when I was in college.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, it's still Friday here and your LAST post said that when we go to bed on Friday night you will be on a plane and when we wake up you will still be on a plane. So, I'm originally thinking that you must be staying overnight in Atlanta somewhere and then getting on the plane tonight to fly. Well, I'm glad you're home safe - but I seem to have lost a day in here somewhere too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone else notice how the temperature shot up as soon as Steve was out of the state?

    Please post about your trip to Mecca, er, Coke World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm sure I lost some hours in college as well. Probably not days, but hours for sure.

    I was just surprised when I saw your blog - I was going on-line to track your flight and you were already home!

    Denise - Strange how that happens isn't it? We had several inches of snow melt and our ice will hopefully be gone by today as well! :)

    ReplyDelete