Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My street

When I moved to a desert I never expected everything to be so green.  The street I live on is amazingly beautiful. 
The street in the foreground is Shakboot.  It's a major street with 3 lanes of traffic going in each direction.  Back home streets intersect other streets every block.  Here neighborhoods have one or two entrances to the major street.  Turn right here and you enter my neighborhood.  I live the equivalent of 3 blocks from this entrance.

This is the view exiting my neighborhood.  There is a palace across the street.  Not being metaphorical here.  It is a palace... complete with a guard at the entrance and walls to keep out gawkers.  All that's missing is the moat with alligators.

Staying on Shakboot... I wanted to show all of the flowers.  

More flowers.

And still more flowers.
This is all right next to where I live.  Anywhere I go I drive right by these.  Most of the city is this pretty.

Not at all what I expected when I moved here.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder how often they have to water those. Do you see someone out there watering on a regular basis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much prettier than snow covered fields.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On our little stretch of the street there is a worker there every day working the plants and grass. The sprinklers are built in and run every second or third day. Given the intense sun they must need tons of water.

    ReplyDelete