Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Iowa True Blue

Iowa True Blue was written by Gordon Fischer. Gordon was chair of the third district Democrats back when I was chair of the Benton County Democrats (he was my boss.) He went on to be State Chair and, by all accounts, did a great job.

Gordon stopped writing his blog a year ago. He was an early supporter of Obama and it may be hard to remember but a year ago tensions between the Obama and Clinton camps were running high. Gordon wrote about Bill Clinton staining his reputation like a blue dress he had also stained.

Following the media storm Gordon stopped blogging regularly and closed up shop completely after the election.

When I set up my blog I asked Gordon if it bothered him if I well, plagiarized, his blog title. He assured me he wasn't offended.

It's unfortunate that Gordon has stopped blogging. Most Iowa bloggers are to the right of Rush Limbaugh and Steve King. Gordon's a funny guy and his contributions are missed.

3 comments:

  1. Steve - Interesting story! I would have had no clue. I also didn't know you were the Chair of Benton County Democrats. I want more dirt on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised you haven't already heard that the racist Steve King is thinking about running for Governor!!!! (please remember Dottie654 and Peachie are the same person)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karey - The blue dress was Monica's...
    Peachie - I have heard that Steve King might run for governor. I don't want to jinx it. Please, Steve, run.

    ReplyDelete