Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hoping dreams do not come true

My insomnia is hitting new heights. I can't think of a night I've been asleep before 3. Lately it's been fueled by bad dreams, all very vivid. Death and dying have been common themes. Perhaps that's due to thinking about Spellman. I can't even force myself to try to go to sleep...

Last night I read Thursday's economic numbers. Between the new jobless claims and the drop in durable goods, yeesh. Usually there is a silver lining in bad economic news. Yesterday there was none: It was bad and really bad.

So what did I dream about last night? The Great Depression, 21st century style. If my dream does come true it will be an odd sight to see long lines for soup kitchens while people walk by tapping on their blackberries... Modern day Hoovervilles built in a field across from the airport. My dream made the point that for what's coming some are going to get hurt to the point of not having food. Others will still be driving their Lexus.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Sounds like a third world country... I hope you're wrong though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were there any Hyundai Tiburons in that dream? I hope someone in Phoenix is still driving by in one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading down the page and this post for a second time. This is pretty gloomy buddy. Anything positive to report?!

    ReplyDelete