Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Quote of the day - Tower climber

If you got fillings in your mouth you can taste it... But you don't have to worry about cancer; you just got the radiation treatment.

- Tower climber, fixing the KUNI signal describing what it is like to be on a tower struck by lightning

I'm glad I'm not back in Iowa.  Not simply because the high today is 33 there and 86 here...  When I'm in Iowa KUNI 90.9 is always on my radio.  Shortly after I left Iowa the signal went dead. 

KCRG/Gazette have a video of the guys repairing the cable.  At 3 minutes in he describes what it is like to be on the tower when it is struck by lightning.

1 comment:

  1. I was total off center for those few days it was down. Listening to WSUI on the way into work just isn't the same. I'm so happy that KUNI is back up.

    ReplyDelete