Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Will work for cake

I'm glad the students gave me the giant Coke cake. For now that's all I'm getting.

I went to payroll to find out how much and when I'd be paid.

Payroll clerk: Which college are you in?
Me: Business and Economics
Payroll clerk: There is no pay for Dr.'s in Business.
Me: What?
Payroll Clerk: The college has not sent us the documents telling us who taught during the summer.
Me: So nobody in the college of Business and Economics is getting paid for summer school?
Payroll Clerk: Not until we get the documentation.

I know this will all get worked and I'm not concerned about whether I'll get paid, just when. I would have liked to have had this pay before coming home.

While others may feel like they work peanuts. I, apparently, work for cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment