Friday, July 24, 2009

Indian food

Since I won't be getting great Indian food while I'm back in Iowa I decided to indulge. From left to right its rita(sp?), mutton in a spicy gravy, garlic naan(bread) and incredibly good spring rolls. I ordered a second helping of the spring rolls.

There may be good Indian restaurants in E. Iowa. (I've heard good things about one in Iowa City.) During my time back I have too many other plans to waste time on something I can get here.

I have to go back downtown tomorrow to buy paint so I'll probably stop back for some more spring rolls.

5 comments:

  1. All of that AND a second helping of Spring Rolls???? Someone is not going to look good in their prom dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I'm at my all time heaviest right now. Given everything I plan to eat while I'm back in Iowa I'm fairly certain I'm going to be setting a new all time record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to eat in an Indian restaurant that serves Spring Rolls!! WTH And btw, we have a new Indian restaurant on the NE side (Boyson Road) that I my daughter says is excellent. I am sure you could squeeze it into your busy schedule! Again, I have yet to eat in an Indian restaurant that reminds me of another Indian restaurant (unlike Chinese restaurants that all taste the same; or Mexican restaurants around here).

    You'd better be careful...you might have to buy a second seat on the plane if you keep eating your way to oblivion. And, if you continue to not take your Lipitor, I hope you have your will written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, for future reference, it is RAITA, also known as a cooler to be eaten with spicey food. How did you like the mutton? I hear it has quite a different taste than lamb.

    ReplyDelete