Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blog comments

Last week the blog attracted a nutcase spook supposedly 22 year CIA agent.  I write this blog for family and friends and have no desire to engage in debate with a guy who needs to know the “context” of a comment calling for another terrorist attack. 

I restricted access to only those with a Blogger ID.  Most websites require some form of registration for people make comments.  I wanted to avoid that but lately the “Anonymous” comments have been nutty. 

I have restored the ability to make anonymous comments because some have trouble with the registration of blogger.  My request:  Even if you make a comment without signing in please sign some form of your name within the comment.

In a nearly a year of running the blog I have deleted only one comment – and that was guy trying to spam.  I don’t plan to start deleting and I hope I don’t have to.

5 comments:

  1. But I like the nutty comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could we have cool nicknames like in G.I Joe?
    I want to be Footloose.

    ~Matt (Footloose)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I read some of the comments. Say that you want truth from left and right, then use a cop-out remark about liberal bias. Hmmm - I think this individual has a bright future on Fox News.

    ReplyDelete
  4. follow-up... Maybe I take for granted that I know you well, but I don't think you had to read too far into the comments from the referred to blog.

    ReplyDelete