Monday, July 27, 2009

18 minutes

I arrived at school to administer my last final and realized I had left it back in the apartment. I flew home and made it back in 18 minutes. I walked in the classroom at 9:59 for a 10AM final.

One of things I like about living here is that on the trip to my apartment and back I was able to... let's just say, move quickly. The difference is that in the US I'd have been panicking about a possible cop catching me. Here I know there are no speed cameras between my apartment and the school.

BTW, as fast as I was going I was still passed by a Mercedes.

2 comments:

  1. So if I were to list your speed backwards, how fast were you going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how to do that... There's five roundabouts between my apartment and the campus. Pretty much in between I floored it until I had to hit the breaks for the next intersection. Fortunately, there is very little traffic right now. During the school year this same trip would take twice as long.

    ReplyDelete