Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today's definition of lazy

It's a good thing I teach for four hours a day or this would be the laziest summer of my life.

The other night I had my only two friends still in the city over for dinner. Afterwards I thought, "Oh, the maid is coming tomorrow. She can do the dishes."

Right now I have 3 Bangladeshi's painting my wall. I've had the paint for weeks and certainly had enough time to do it myself. But, nah, why do work yourself when you can exploit hire cheap labor to do it.

In my defense I have paid these guys 150% - 200% of their asking price on previous projects so I know they don't feel exploited...

Now if I could only find someone to write and grade my tests I could do this gig for decades.

6 comments:

  1. Be careful -- it's very, very easy to get used to this 'lazy' lifestyle after being over here for any length of time! Everytime I go back to the U.S. I have to stop and think for a minute how to pump my own gas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold color Kranz, is that Coke red?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much darker than Coke red. I'm not being original; It's pretty much the same as what I have in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that looked familiar.

    Okay, so why did you keep the house here in Iowa?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's where the pug is... er, I mean friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, feeling the love on that one.

    ReplyDelete