Sunday, July 26, 2009

The power of youtube

This video is so popular it has made the song they are dancing to rise to number seven in I-tunes download list. I saw the couple on the Today Show. They are lovin’ the attention.

From now on couples not only have to plan the wedding, reception, and honeymoon, they also have to figure out how to do something crazy enough to make youtube.

The video is pure fun. I enjoy a glimpse of their old photographer. He had to be thinking, "How in the hell do I capture this in pictures?" This is a case where you really gotta see the video.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this yesterday -- it's such a great idea and video! What a way to start a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...first time seeing that. Makes me think of something that Longwell or Ollie would have done at their weddings...dang it...we could have been Youtube sensations! However, that song has been very very very overplayed in the clubs and on the radio. I'd have a hard time making the leap that it's #7 based on this video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a popular song last year when it came out. The story didn't say how high it went when it was released, only that it dropped off the charts... and now has come back to number 7.

    Steve Cairney actually did have something like this at his wedding reception. Although it would have had a bigger impact at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete