Monday, July 13, 2009

Which is worse?

In college I started writing questions of life. The post above reminded me of this one:

Which is worse: If your partner leaves you for someone of the same sex or opposite sex?

Most straight friends answered that it would upset them more if they were dumped by an opposite sex partner. Meaning, "I obviously don't have the right equipment so I shouldn't get worked up."

One friend said she'd be much more upset if a boyfriend left her for a man. "Leaving me for another woman I could understand. Maybe she's got bigger boobs or is nicer, but leaving me for a man would mean our whole relationship was a lie."

Gay friends weren't bothered by the notion of being dumped for a woman. "Anyone can play for the other team for a while. He'll be back."

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to run this one past any lesbians.

No comments:

Post a Comment