Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's bragging time

To fully understand my greatness you have to read the original prediction made two days before the election. Here's one part:

Obama will win 365 electoral votes:

Kerry states = 252... add Iowa (7), New Mexico (5) and Colorado (9) = 273 and enough to win.

That's his firewall. No Ohio or Florida. All he needs is Kerry states plus Iowa, New Mexico and Colorado.

I think he'll also win Nevada (5), Ohio (20), Florida (27), North Carolina (15), and Virginia (13) and Indiana (11). Total 364. Add one electoral vote from Nebraska and Obama gets 365 EV.

Spot on. I have reviewed every prediction I could find and nobody else called it exactly right. In the tradition of the late great pitchman Billy Mays I must say, "But wait, there's more!" I also made predictions about the senate:
Senate: Dems pick up Virginia, New Hampshire, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, North Carolina and Alaska. That's seven. Add the state I want my side to win most of all: Minnesota. There's a slight chance in Georgia, Mississippi, and Kentucky. My bet is that my side gains 8.
Democrats won the seven predicted and the Minnesota Supreme Court finally ruled for Franken. That gave my side 8.

With unmatched predictive punditry I'm waiting for calls from the NY Times, NBC's First Read, Politico, etc.

I'm sure they'll want to make a reality show about me now. Maybe I need to contact an agent.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I think you'd be better off schmoozing in DC and utilizing that knack for politics rather than teaching in the Middle East. But then again, I'm not going to put money on that.

    ReplyDelete