Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quote of the day – Americans must die (to get the foreign policy neocons want)

Neocons are the face of evil in the United States. One of their best and brightest had this to say on the Glenn Beck show:

The only chance we have as a country right now is for Osama Bin Laden to deploy and detonate a major weapon in the United States... Only Osama can execute an attack which will force Americans to demand their government protect them.

So he's a neocon hoping Americans will die. Wow.

Will Republicans and conservatives repudiate a remark like this?

Probably not. Rush has been telling his audience for years that Democrats want our troops to die and for Iraq to fail. That's funny, because as a liberal Democrat (attending those secret closed-door meetings) I've never heard one comment hopeful of defeat or our soldiers dying.

But the right believes it's true so comments like the one above are perfectly fine.

Jon Stewart's review of this is worth watching.

Update: “Anonymous” wants to see the quote above in context. Why? It makes the outrageous comment acceptable?

5 comments:

  1. Pure comedy - I'm going to take pride in sharing this with my brother in law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think comments like this are fine (although there is no link provided, so I can't see the context), yet I see no reason to give this any more thought than I would the bastion of celebrity deaths this week. It's irrelevant. I am more suspicious of the fact that John Stewart is now how most people get their news. I'm far more concerned about the fact that our Democratic congress, with the aid of 8 Republicans, just passed an absurd bill that nobody read. As usual, the Democrats serve and the Republicans volley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Anonymous" is me, VC. Excuse me if I don't blindly accept the edits of the mainstream media when it comes to such things. I had hoped to view the entire interview but I see that I shall have to settle for the redacted version from Media Matters which appears on You Tube. Silly me for asking for some truth in the media, from the right or the left. I may be overstepping my bounds as a loyal subject of his Majesty's USSA, but my take on this is that he gave an opinion, based on 22 years with the CIA. Since you were kind enough to provide the clip, I gather from his demeanor that he was not guilty of the crime you accuse him of. My question, then, is where is the harm? So he spoke on Fox News? Are you seriously that fearful of this network? What is the difference between your fear of Fox News and the fear the "right" has of the "TPM"? Why do you refuse to allow Anonymous comments anymore? Are you simply looking for reinforcement of your preconceived notions, or are you looking for debate, professor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Calling on the US to be attacked by Osama Bin Laden is wrong in ANY context.
    2. Hiding behind "anonymous" or "VC" is cheap.
    3. I have a right to know who is posting comments on my blog.
    4. You are not worth debating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed. Liberals are the masters of misinformation. Give an opinion, demand to know who and where the criticism is coming from so you can deflect the criticism with personal and generalized attacks, and then claim victory by surreptitiously ending the debate.

    ReplyDelete