Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tweet of the day - Grassley

Chuck is not happy about the President's speech on healthcare:
Obama speech on healthCareReform Absolutely nothing new Waste of time saying we are going to get that done Baucus and I know that But doRITE
While I do believe Grassley is serious about trying to reach a health bill he could vote for I think the chance of that actually happening is just above zero.

Democrats have an option called "Reconciliation" which will means they won't need 60 votes in the senate. If this bill has any chance to pass, this is how it will likely to happen. Those who want delay are hoping that when senators go home for August recess they will hear outrage from their constituents and vote against the bill when they come back.

3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling retarded buddy, but if both sides know what the other side want, then why can't they pass something that represents what they all agree on and worry about the other logistics later?! Really? UGH - I hate partisan politics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem: Baucus and Grassley, left alone would come up with a bipartisan compromise.

    Unfortunately, their solution would leave millions uninsured. There is no magic fix. The final solution will mean higher taxes for some (the rich, if the House plan goes through) and something other than private insurance to get to universal coverage. Republicans won't vote for either so, just like the stimulus bill, I wish Dems would say screw it to trying to be bipartisan.

    A good bill is more important than getting Republicans to vote for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only major objection to the current bill is the fact that it will tax employers. I don't think that is right. I DO think the rich can cough up a few percentage points in higher taxes....I think I read 5-1/2%. I feel sorry for businesses that are struggling and then getting taxed on the insurance they are providing their employees. I suspect the employees will just end up having to pay a higher portion of the cost.

    I am disliking Grassley more and more every time I read about him.

    ReplyDelete