Friday, July 3, 2009

No Frickin' way!

As I am preparing a post on Sarah Palin - because there's been a lot of Palin news this week - she announces that she is resigning as governor.

Wow. I will try to wrap my head around this and post later.

The point I was making on the post I was working on is that this is a woman who does not disappoint. You expect excitement and controversy and it is always there. I didn't even get a chance to post that remark before she landed this bombshell... on a Friday... of a holiday weekend. Obviously there's volumes to this story more than we know now. My gut tells me what we'll learn in the next couple of weeks won't be good (for her).

Update:
Wow, wow, WOW! For political geeks like me there are only a few rare super gems. This is one. Watch this segment of her announcement.

The post I was writing (and now feel oddly compelled to finish) was talking about the multiple attacks on Palin from within the Republican party.

Todd Purdum may become a household name in the next couple of days. He’s the guy who wrote a Vanity Fair article that sparked the recent Republican infighting.

As I was writing before the bombshell, there’s not much news in his article. It’s a long (just short of 10,000 words) piece that says McCain advisors grew increasingly skeptical that she was qualified to be VP. That’s not news but Purdum did do a good job of summarizing all that’s been out there before and adding a tiny new piece of information: An aide who said he couldn’t campaign against Obama helped Palin. Not exactly earth-shattering news.

The reverberations of his article, however, have been earth-shattering within the Republican party. Those that don’t like Palin were citing it as proof she’s incompetent. Those that like Palin were calling it a hatchet job and trying to “out” the McCain aides who were used as sources.

*****
After watching Palin’s rambling video above I am simply amazed. I hope she’s not out of the national spotlight because she’s the next best thing to Rush Limbaugh for my party.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I so want her to run for president!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was good. This was real good! Mabye I'm missing the point, but I look forward to seeing what sort of changes Sarah Palin was talking about bringing to this country. Now I'm not saying that I'll agree with her, but I'm supportive of someone who wants to try and bring "positive" change from the outside (with the outside being the political realm).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete