Monday, July 13, 2009

McDonald's breakfast

Breakfast is not a big deal in this country. None of the major restaurants have a breakfast menu... until now. Conflicting thoughts: "Life in the Emirates just got a little better" and "Oh, this is the last thing I need..."

The Egg McMuffin (not like the Big Mac) tastes identical to what's served in the US. Given that it's not pork I can't believe how much the ham tastes like pork ham.

The coffee, however, is like most coffee in this country: Barely drinkable.

This McDonalds is classy. In addition to flowers on the table they have a kids room with TV monitors playing Tom & Jerry cartoons non-stop and the wait staff comes out to refill your coffee and take any additional orders you might have.

It's one of the few places that actually gives good customer service and the workers are not allowed to accept tips.

4 comments:

  1. Which McD's is this? Is this in Al-Ain? Wow, good thing I'm no longer commuting... I would have been hitting McD's for breakfast every day on the way to Dubai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the one on Khalifa street. Given the road construction in the area it's not easy to get to or get out of... hence they get virtually no business. My fear is that the lack of business will make "breakfast" look like a failure and they'll drop it.

    So I've been doing my part and going as much as possible. I'll sacrifice my waistline for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am confused. What other kind of ham is there besides pork ham?

    Also, nice rationalization for eating what you should not be eating, Steve-o!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, then they've really redecorated the inside if that's the one on Khalifa! If I were still in Al-Ain I'd do my part too! :-)

    ReplyDelete