Monday, March 30, 2009

This weather will make a weather geek out of ’ya


I have been a life long weather geek.  As a child teen adult I loved standing on the well platform at Mom & Dad’s and watch the storms roll in from the west.  Dad has the similar weather bug and we'd often go in search of exciting weather.

Weathermania has spread across the Emirates.  In a nation that so rarely gets weather they are positively giddy exchanging pictures of hail and storm damage.  Given that most of my students have never seen hail or snow it is not surprising that some thought the hail was snow. 

It’s raining again tonight.  I’m not looking for locusts or other signs of the apocalypse but this is very, very rare to have a week of freaky weather. 

And after a bad day at work the rain is making me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment