Thursday, March 12, 2009

Grilled & Restaurant

At the end of class a student gave me a business card for the Al Noor Grilled & Restaurant... with separate family "lunge." It never ceases to amaze how private companies and the government will pay tons of money for signage and brochures with misspellings and/or grammatical errors.

Anyhow, the Grilled & Restaurant is owned by the student's father. I was excited to try it because it is not in a mall and not downtown.
This is Lebanese food again. Much, much better than last night's meal. We ordered appetizers of lebnah with garlic and, of course, moutaball. The appetizers were only $2/each and came with an impressive array of veggies and hard and soft bread.

We ordered a boneless chicken shown here with garlic spread on top....
And a plate of mixed grilled meats. For the mix grill you see chicken chunks (the orange things in the center), a two chicken wings, a small lamb chop, a couple of pieces of beef and the sausage looking things on each side of the plate. I can't remember what it is called but I don't like it.

I am excited to find a place that is easy to get to (unlike the malls and downtown), that serves great food AND is cheap. The entire meal for two with tip was $18.

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I would give you a heads up per today's Gazette. I forgot there WAS a Lebanese restaurant downtown. I think it was in that little Galleria mall next to Gringos on First Avenue, but I am not sure. Anyway, it was flooded this summer and has reopened in the Armstrong Centre food court. It is called Pita'z, and they serve gyros, a pita sandwich with coleslaw, fries, and chicken marinated in garlic sauce. It says "The Pita'z menu consists pf Lebanese-style Mediterranean foods"......and that "the menu and most recipes were borrowed from a restaurant in Lebanon operated by a friend of his [one of the owner's] uncle." Hours are 9am to 3pm M-F. I am waiting for a report from my daughter. She works downtown, and I think she has eaten there and had a bad experience. I'll report back. Me....I am waiting for Emil's Deli to reopen. I think they have the best food in town!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ironically yes, we went yesterday. It was the place I got crappy food and bad service prior to the flood, and it was the place I got a flavorless overpriced gross meal yesterday! I won’t be going back.

    - It’s on 3rd ave and 3rd street. Hills Bank is on the corner of the building

    The above are Jessica's comments on Pita'z.

    ReplyDelete