Monday, March 30, 2009

Reconnecting

As I have slowly emerged from the fog known as Hamilton, I have been reconnecting with friends that I lost long ago. I take the full blame for the lost contact. Depression has an ability to envelope you. For the last three years at Hamilton it took every fiber of my being to simply be "up" for the classroom. Flowers to Susan cannot express how my life has changed since getting away from the entity that sucks away all life.

Recently I reconnected with Rahul. Rahul is a friend from college who... well, from one who is self-esteemed challenged... I never understood why he was friends with me. Rahul's brilliant, good looking and charismatic. I remember I scored higher than him on a test in International Econ. I was practically doing cartwheels. He was like "Dude, get a life." I responded, "You don't understand. In one hundred tests you will likely beat me 100 times. This is like the kid on the short bus winning a spelling bee!" (Yeah, I used the "short bus" references back then.)

Anyhow, it has been great to reconnect with Rahul. If I'm lucky I will be able to visit him in Singapore soon. Singapore is Ann's favorite city. Given that she's the world traveler that's quite a compliment.

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know in the busing industry the term "short bus" has been changed to the politically correct term of "hemorrhoid". Why? Because they are a big pain in the ass to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rahul Kumar? Are you able to share contact information?

    ReplyDelete