Friday, March 27, 2009

Grassley showing sense of humor

Iowa's Senator Grassley is on the budget committee where Kent Conrad, Democrat of North Dakota, chairs. Grassley wanted Conrad to include an amendment to a bill.

Grassley: I'd like to suggest to the chairman that he might want to support this because, you remember, you asked me two years ago not to take a vote on it and you said if we did take a vote on it you might not get your budget resolution adopted. So I did not ask for a vote on it and you said it was a very statesmanlike thing for me to at that particular time and so I would hope that you would return the the favor.

Conrad: You know, I used to like you. Let me just say: Oh, you are good.

Grassley: Well, your wife said the same thing.

The article I read this in comes with the title, "Senators get nasty: "You're Good"... "Your Wife Said The Same Thing"

Pretty misleading. These two guys like each other.

2 comments:

  1. I somehow cannot picture Mr. Grassley with a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete