Saturday, March 28, 2009

Coke Zero

Coke Zero is absolutely indistinguishable from Coke Zero in the US. I have learned that with just a little lemon it tastes quite good. (Without the lemon it is drinkable, but you know you are drinking diet pop.)

Making that switch saves me 4200 calories per week (150 * 4 per day * 7 days). That's more than a pound per week! No more scraping speedbumps for me.

I have never priced lemons in the US. I can buy three lemons here for about $.30. That lasts two weeks in my Coke Zero. Are they that cheap back home?

Coke trivia of the day: Coke did not spend much to market Coke Zero when they launched it. They got burned badly by the failure of C2. Don't remember C2? It was Coke's "half the calories of regular Coke with all the taste!" It failed for two reasons: They tried to charge more assuming mature Coke lovers (like me) would be willing to pay more. It was packaged in 8 packs that charged the same price as 12 packs. Second, the product didn't live up to the hype. It was NOT all the taste of Coke. As I drank one I thought, "If I'm going to be getting the calories I might as well drink regular Coke."

Coke Zero received little marketing attention at first and, surprise, it was an instant hit. Mostly it is cannibalizing sales of Diet Coke but it's also developed a market of it's own.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry! I got it from statcounter.com If you go my statcounter on the right side you can find the link.

    ReplyDelete