Saturday, March 21, 2009

Facebook

You don’t have to use FaceBook to find this funny.
******
On Thursday I posted this on my page:  “I want to know:  What is the song that puts you in a good mood?”  In less than 24 hours I had 18 responses.  I’ll be posting the suggestions in the week to come.
*****
And finally, FaceBook is an amazing phenomena.  The company, created just a few years ago, has become THE connection place… somehow eclipsing myspace.

This week they introduced a new format that, well, sucks.  Everyone who uses FaceBook knows it.  And according to this article, even the workers for FaceBook know it.  Why did they go forward?  The founder’s ego says he knows better than his customers.

I can’t help but remember Henry Ford’s quote that a customer can buy a car of “any color – so long as it’s black.”

Start pissing off your customers, FB, and a new startup will replace you quickly.  It won’t be hard.  Unlike Ford you won’t have a decade to realize your mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment