Monday, March 22, 2010

Confession

It's good for the soul, right?

I doubt this story will do much for my soul, but here goes...

Last month I sent money home but leaving myself plenty to get by until my next paycheck at the end of this month.

That is, umm, until last week.

I was really good and did three workouts in four days! I'm great! I'm losing weight! I'm working out! Super! I deserve a reward!

So I had a massage. Unless you have a sadist like I had in Ukraine, most massages are nice and relaxing. This massage was excellent and made me realize that no matter hard I try to relax nothing beats a massage.

I checked out the massage package deals at the club. A 90 minute massage would cost Dh 220 ($60) but a package of ten massages would cost Dh 1600 ($475). Before you scoff at $475 please realize that this is a 27% discount! 27%! For a package of ten that's almost 3 free massages! Where could you beat that?!?*

OK, I think you know where this is going. I bought a package of 10.

Today is March 23 and I have Dh 60 ($16) left until payday. Payday is a variable here. It can be as early as the 20th of the month or as late as the 29th. I'm sure none of you are worried if I'll starve - I have proven fat sources. Besides, I do have a few friends here who would be happy to help me out but I'm trying my best to hold out until payday... whenever that comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment