Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm a geek, but...

... I've had 8 hours of sleep in the past two days and I just can't bring myself to stay up any longer for the CBO report on the bill whose name I cannot speak aloud.

For those not keeping score, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) will come out this afternoon (in the US) with a report on the price of the... umm, you know, big bill they are dealing with. Once it is done the House can set a time to vote... probably late Friday or Saturday.

As long as the numbers show the plan will be a deficit reduction instead of a deficit increase it will be good news. (Of all the concerns of passing this bill, this is not one; it will show a deficit decrease.)

Update: It's a good thing I didn't try to stay up. It's not coming out until Thursday which means the earliest the bill can be voted on is Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Yipee! I've pretty much turned off the media when it comes to this fiasco...but still turn on NPR for my drive home. Unfortunately, the CBO report won't quiet the other side...

    ReplyDelete