Wednesday, March 3, 2010

There must be something about March 3rd...

First, today is "happy liberation day." Two years ago today Susan fired me and it was the best day of my life.* It's hard to describe what it's like to live through years of depression. I'm grateful that I have any friends left after completely shutting down from 2005 to 2008!

Second, today - March 3, 2010 - has been an incredibly productive day. I've accomplished more today than I do most weeks... Probably more than I did during the entire summer school of 2009 when I'd teach in the morning and fall asleep drooling on my couch each afternoon.

It was a great day teaching, learned how to give tests on blackboard (meaning I don't have to do grading because the computer will do it for me), and spent 3 hours preparing for tomorrow night's wine tasting.

* I initially wrote "arguably the best day of my life" and then thought... "Really, what day tops it?" Nothing came to mind so I removed "arguably."

No comments:

Post a Comment