Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh, the irony!

Hey Gus!

Guess what?

Your great, great, great (add a few thousand greats) grandparents lived near me. Shocking, isn't it?

We've known for years that dogs were domesticated from wolves but it was not known where they were domesticated. Now they know and you're not going to believe it: The middle east. The story is really interesting. Maybe Mom & Dad will read it to you.

I miss you, pal. While this region may have been the first to breed small wolves into handy domesticated animals the love affair has certainly worn off. Not trying to bring you over here may have been the most selfless thing I've ever done. As much as I wish you were here I know you are much better off with two caring grandparents and a farm to roam around.

Love,
Steve

1 comment: