Monday, March 15, 2010

Eggs delivered to work

As I arrived on the men's campus I noticed many people gathered around a van. When I came close my department's secretary told me it was from the college's agriculture department and that this week they are selling fresh eggs and tomatoes. (Apparently it is a regular occurrence and I've missed it all this time.)
The lightbulb looking things are, indeed, eggs I bought. The eggs were rather high priced: $2.70 for two dozen eggs... but still cheaper than in the store. The tomatoes were a steal for $1. That's a lot of tomatoes for $1!

Now did you happen to notice that there were not 24 eggs in the carton?

As I was walking into my office I stumbled...

... and this was the result. A cleaning person was nearby. He saw what happened and quickly walked in the opposite direction.

5 comments:

  1. That's a steal on the tomatoes. In the states the winter was so bad a lot of crops froze and prices are through the roof. Can you send some back to us??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I count 26 eggs??? So did you buy 30...
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. I guess I bought 30! When I bought them they said "two dozen" and I didn't bother to actually count.

    Rielle Hunter?

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, yes, I do know who Rielle Hunter is... I'm slowly reading Andrew Young's book (not great)... But, Rielle, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess the yolk is on you! (had to be said...sorry)

    ReplyDelete