Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Diet notes

On Sunday I was feeling great about the first ten pounds (no longer) under my belt. That night I fried up a pound of hamburger with cabbage, onions and garlic. It's a quick and easy meal... I snarfed it down so fast I couldn't remember the taste.

"Oh, what the hell..." I thought as I decided to fry up another pound of hamburger with cabbage, onions and garlic...

I ate the second portion more slowly and just as I was finishing I realized what I had done. My stomach felt like it was going to burst.

For the first time in my life I had bulimic thoughts: "I should make myself throw up." In reality I probably should have because I felt sick for hours... but when you're on a diet and you make yourself throw up you've crossed a line that's just a bit too scary.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, on a binge, I can eat as much as the next person, but my God, Steve, that's insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cabbage...throwing up...should've posted this today, St. Patrick's Day. -Andrew

    ReplyDelete