Monday, March 22, 2010

Joys of blogging

You may have pulled up the blog today and started reading "Part II" and wondered, "Where is 'Part I'?" I was writing the posts between classes. A student came to ask some questions and I didn't have time to finish. (Note: Part II was unfinished when I went to class. I finished the love story.)

*****
Unrelated, today was not a good day. In the world of teaching, it was a good day but some intra-office politics are bothering me. And the fact that it is bothering me is bothering me. Why? Because compared to Hamilton or even Coe or the U of Iowa the issues here are very small. I just shouldn't get worked up. And on a day when we get a win like this on HCR, nothing in the office should be bothering me.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're just in such shock that it actually passed, that you're looking for something to bother you. Go to your happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Benton County thing Denise. My grandfather had the illness and so does my father. There can't be happiness unless there is something to get all worked up about. You just can't make farmers (or their kids) happy. It's either raining too much...or not enough...or it comes too fast, etc, etc, etc. PS- Unfortunately, I have the same disease. :( Travis

    ReplyDelete