Monday, March 8, 2010

Not gonna to phone it in

I gave my first test on BlackBoard and it went well. The only problems were mistakes I made. I’ve become an instant fan and I’m never gonna give it up.*

I wrote a treatise about teaching tonight… long enough that even my parents would have given up before the end. I hope to revise & shorten by tomorrow. In the meantime I’ll summarize by saying my mantra for Spring 2010 is “I’m not gonna phone it in.”

Confused?

I can’t embed a Hulu of the clip but I can give you a link to a clip. The bastards at Hulu will not allow those outside of the US to actually watch any of the clips so I’m not 100% sure of what you’ll see but if I’m right it will be Steve Martin hosting Saturday Night Live. It’s a job he’d done many times before. This time he decided he wasn’t gonna phone it in… and after coasting for 2009 here I made the same decision before this semester.

* If you clicked on the first link I apologize. You’ve been rickrolled. Internet geeks like to get people to click on links that bring them to this insidious song from the 80’s. I didn’t make this up. Here’s an explanation: And I promise it won’t take you to more Rick Astley.

No comments:

Post a Comment