Friday, October 9, 2009

Quote of the day - Andrew Sullivan

Sullivan summarizes the reaction of Obama's Peace Prize: "premature and thoroughly deserved." He says:
"Both are right. I don't think Americans fully absorbed the depths to which this country's reputation had sunk under the Cheney era. That's understandable. And so they also haven't fully absorbed the turn-around in the world's view of America that Obama and the American people have accomplished. Of course, this has yet to bear real fruit..."
When I arrived here I was not surprised how those here viewed America. I was surprised, however, by how much that attitude changed by the election of Obama. The people of the world want to like the US. In that way the award was deserved.

But I'm still in the "premature" camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment