Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why you should always do photos before the ceremony

I know photographers who will refuse to do weddings where the formal pictures are done after the wedding. After doing a couple of those weddings I learned why: It is much too stressful to crank out decent pictures while the guests are heading to the reception hall. The worst for me was a wedding in Brooklyn, NY, where the priest couldn’t find the park for the wedding. The wedding started 90 minutes late and the couple refused to do any pictures before the ceremony. After the ceremony I had 15 minutes to capture all the family pics… and this was a large family.

If I still planned to do wedding photography I’d show this clip to the bride and groom.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have to admit that I would have much rather had the photos taken before the wedding for ours too.
    But at the time, I wanted to have that "magic moment" when Jim saw me in the dress for first time as a I was walking down the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you weren't standing next to a pool!

    ReplyDelete