Monday, October 26, 2009

Climb it, Tarzan!

Now that I've admitted how little I know about internet slang I thought I'd look up phrases from the 60's

There were several I remember and wish were still used. Unfortunately, I think Dukes of Hazzard killed "dipstick." And while I still use "padiddle" I've received enough strange looks over the years to know it's not commonly used.

At least one has a different meaning (to me at least): When you hear someone is "loaded" do you think he is rich or drunk? I'd think rich if it was not preceded by "He came from a bar..."

Of the ones I've never heard before there were two I really liked. The first is "Climb it, Tarzan!" A phrase to be used while flipping someone off. I won't start flipping people off but I hope I can work "Climb it, Tarzan!" into everyday conversations. It sounds supportive while you're silently mocking them.

And finally, I regret that I never spent the night at a "passion pit."

I had a chance once, but I was a child and it started to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment