Sunday, October 11, 2009

Halloween challenge

I live in a country where the ready-made costumes suck. Wal-mart in the US has a better selection. If I'm going to dress up I want something original - and fortunately here there are cheap tailors more than happy to oblige.

In previous costumes I've gone as a pirate and as a ghoul . I shaved my head and my friend Marcy applied goop to me. Her outgoing son said he wouldn't be afraid of me... no way... he knows me.... he couldn't be afraid. By the time Marcy was done I had fake blood running down my zombie head and he said, "Please don't touch me."

I'm not sure I'm going to do this, but if I do I want a kick-ass costume. Here are the parameters: Clothes can be made quickly. fake battle arms may take more time. Traditional masks common in America are out. Even the few who are good will be worn by everyone else.

A few years ago with my head shaved and white powder all over my head wearing a black robe I was pretty convincing as the grim reaper.

Many of you saw me in the outfit. Should I go that road again? If not suggest a change. I'm up for change.

If I go to the Halloween party I want to win. At the very least I want a kick-ass costume nobody else is doing.

I implore you, dear readers, give me ideas.

5 comments:

  1. Why do I never see you in your Halloween costume?

    Go as someone hiking the Appalachian trail...be sure and have smeared lipstick all over the collar of your "hiking shirt"

    Go as Joe Biden. Wear a suit and just talk about nothing all night long.

    Go as Spock. I don't know why, but you as Spock just cracks me up.

    Go as "Coke Man", the superhero destined to get you addicted and give you a killer headache if you get too far away from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daiso has some costumes and accesories...so does Toys R Us...it's also cheap and easy to design your own and have someone make it for you. -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went as Bea Arthur a couple years ago...you could try that...oh wait, maybe not where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.halloweenexpress.com/hamburglar-adult-costume-p-18593.html

    http://www.halloweenexpress.com/frank-furter-adult-costume-p-12757.html

    http://www.halloweenexpress.com/meat-man-adult-costume-p-18295.html

    ideas on what to wear... but make them your own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of your FACEBOOK profile pictures scared the life out of me...

    ReplyDelete