Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Amazing Race

Here's part of the story I couldn't tell before: Ann's husband Mike is a freelance videographer and he worked the Amazing Race this summer for its two episodes shot in Dubai.

Having finally watched the episodes there were several things I found humorous. First would be picking Dubai for a summer race. I couldn't believe they sent the contestants out in the desert to look for water. I am pretty sure I'd have had a heat stroke.

I enjoyed watching one couple get lost and take forever to find their way back. For me, that's a common experience in Dubai. Also, a couple of times they showed signs to Al Ain. The couple that got lost were actually headed to the city where I live... 90 miles from Dubai.

The Amazing Race had a first: One couple could have easily qualified for the next round but one of them refused to go down a long waterslide. The team of Globetrotters passed them and the couple was out of the race.

One of my dislikes of the show is that give no sense of time. How long did she stand there crying about going down the slide? According to Mike it was several hours.

1 comment:

  1. several hours! wow. Fancast has a live chat with the booted team from TAR every week. Check it out- The Amazing Race Chat on Fancast

    ReplyDelete