Friday, October 23, 2009

Phone woes

phone front

In the US I use the phone on the right.  I like the phone and was pretty happy when I found the same phone here.  Phones here are sold differently.  Customers pay more for the phone upfront but then have no monthly contract.  The phone cost me $300 last fall… a steep price but I’ve paid less than $20/month since then.  This system is definitely cheaper.  
 phone backa The phones appeared to be identical.  Both were made by Samsung.  Both came with a small screen in front and a large screen on the back.
 phone back They even came with the same case that doubled as a backup battery (the feature that sold me on the phone in the US). 

Unfortunately, the model here didn’t work like the one in the US.  It was like I had purchased a cheap Chinese knock-off.  Since I bought it at Radio Shack I decided to take it back.  I made it to the mall 48 hours later only to find that Radio Shack had closed… permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment