Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Iowa Hawkeyes

My alma mater is currently 7-0 and sitting alone at the top of the Big Ten.  Iowa fans are yelling about the lack of respect given the team and many are saying “FINALLY!” when the BCS computers ranked Iowa as sixth in the nation.

I’m happy for the Hawks.  I’m happy for my state – we need something to cheer about… but sixth?  Really?  The team that almost lost to Northern Iowa is sixth in the nation?  Had a couple of plays gone the other way Iowa could have two or three losses by now. 

Oh well, I’ll drink the Kool aid…  The Hawks are going to the Rose Bowl!  The Hawks are going to the Rose Bowl!

4 comments:

  1. Actually, the "computers" ranked Iowa #3. It was the humans who drug us down to #6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when is the U of IA your alma mater? You DID graduate from Coe, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured that, but I guess I haven't been aware of calling post-graduate schools alma maters. Guess you learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete