Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blog update

This marks the 1000th post of the year. I had hoped to commemorate with a special picture but it didn't turn out. I hope to retake it and get it posted soon.

For now you'll have to settle for a graph:
On Monday 141 unique visitors came to the blog, which set a new record. The reason? I posted the picture of me drinking a Pepsi on FaceBook. Many of my friends had to come to the blog to find out what catastrophic event caused that.

Here's something I've noticed: My traffic increases as I post more items per day. Meaning if I post five times a day for a week I get a flood of Google searches coming to my blog even if the search takes them to a post that is months old. If I post only once or twice a day my ranking on a Google search goes down.

Of all of my posts there's only one that I really want to be first on the Google search. This summer, when I wasn't posting as much, I slipped to fourth. Now that I'm posting more I'm back in first place.

And that's a first place I'll fight to keep.

2 comments: