Monday, October 26, 2009

Facebook quote of the day

Last week a student wanted to show me something on FB. I friended him so I could see it. I'm thinking he forgot. Here's his status update tonight:
i have fucking management exam next Wednesday and i know nothing about it XD management =shit
I've considered adding a comment, "Yes, and I hear the professor is a real jerk!"

Update: While I was writing this blog post the student sent me an instant message. We talked for over an hour. He completely forgot what he had written as his status update. I brought it up and he felt bad... probably with a sorrowful, heavy heart.

I laughed and added the "Yes, and I hear the professor is a real jerk who does nothing but drink Coke all day... oh, wait... that would be me...." to his status.

He responded with: "mmmm, no, he is cool, but yes he drink Coke all day and now I drink Coke all day too. :P"

He's a new student so I won't take offense to his trying to suck up. My regular students know that I don't care for suck-ups. (One of my all-time favorite students at Hamilton rolled her eyes on several of my stories.)

No comments:

Post a Comment