Saturday, December 20, 2008

Trashing a teacher on Facebook

A teen hated a teacher. He posted his hatred on Facebook and got suspended. Now the ACLU is suing the HS on his behalf.

I read this story while in Nepal. I had a lot of time to kill in the internet cafe because pulling up AOL and trying to read e-mail took more than a half an hour. I wish I was joking.

As is typical of my liberal-libertarian beliefs I side with the student... not because he was right about the teacher; I have no idea about that. As the article points out several students posted disagreements with his assertion. I side with the student because schools always attempt to overreach in reaction to negative publicity. This student has an opinion and he has the right to say it on a street corner or on his own corner of Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment