Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Nepal Day 11 - Monkey Temple

On our last full day we went to another Buddhist temple - The Monkey Temple. I came prepared with a bag of oranges. This monkey made quick work of my gift.

I wouldn't want to imply monkeys are stupid, but they are not about to give dogs a run for their money. If we had the oranges out we'd be flocked by begging monkeys. All Ann had to do was put them in her purse and they'd walk away.

Out of sight of mind - instantly.

I bought a piece of coconut. (Which doesn't take like coconut, by the way. If I had been blindfolded I'd of thought I was eating almonds.) As I was walking along a monkey flew out of nowhere and jumped up on me to grab it. I was startled but cupped the remaining coconut in my hands and he walked away disinterested.

Again, I love the Eyes of Nepal...
Prayer wheels come in all sizes. They sell small ones to carry around and the temples had some the size of a Volkswagen. The rule is always go clockwise.

You now know the extent of my knowledge of the Buddhist religion philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment