Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas from Gus


My niece took this picture at the family gathering this past weekend. Gus is looking good but getting a little more grey on his chin.

Compared to some others, this has been a nice Christmas. I've spent several Christmases working at empty weather stations. I scheduled myself long shifts on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to allow the others the time off.

This Christmas is certainly odd. It was hot today - upper 80's. I'm still running the air conditioning in my apartment even though it's almost 10PM. As I was walking to my car I was singing "Walking in a winter wonderland" and started laughing as I realized the absurdity.

Tomorrow I'm joining Ann and Mike and their friends for a day in Dubai. We're staying at a hotel and having a Christmas feast.

I'm not expecting any presents under the... umm... well, I don't have a tree. I doubt Santa could find me. Several have asked for my address. I haven't been blowing off the requests. I simply don't have one. I live in a brand new (crappy) building. They haven't decided what to call it yet.

I could give some suggestions.

Anyhow, Merry Christmas!
Steve

2 comments:

  1. For Christmas Eve tonight we gave Gus a slice of summer sausage cut up very small pieces which he gobb led down quickly along with his dog food. We also gave Gus a squeezie toy for Christmas. He sends his Merry Christmas to you along with Dad and Mom. Love you, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, too, Steve. Enjoy the warmth!!!

    ReplyDelete