Monday, December 22, 2008

News

Whether you are likely to have a boy depends on whether the father has more brothers than sisters. Why do I care? A friend (who shall remain nameless but she likes to talk about her enormous stove) posited the theory that the father's endowment played a role in the decision. A theory that has been humorously disproven in discussions with college friends.

By the way, my niece Gina has announced that she's expecting. I will become a great uncle. Oh well, I'm over 40 and several classmates have grandkids... I don't think she got that trip to Europe and now it will be a whole lot more complicated.

Gina's husband Jim has two brothers. If the story above is true Gina can expect to have a boy.  If Karey's my friend's theory is true, well, I have nothing to say but, "Congratulations Gina and Jim!"

*****
Huh? Here's a map that shows county-by-county what percentage of people die because of weather. Surprisingly the safest place to live is a major city or the midwest. Given recent weather that may be a shock. What I don't understand is that Benton County is pink, meaning that Benton has a higher than normal death rate due to weather. I'm not aware of ANYONE dying from weather. Hmmm.

*****
And there is much sadness among Star Trek fans. The voice of the computer is dead. Prior to a career as a computer Majel Barrett played Nurse Chapel on the original Star Trek and shared a bed with Gene Roddenberry.

How can they make another episode without the voice of the computer? That'd be like Darth Vader without James Earl Jones! Oh wait, they did that and Hayden Christiansen wasn't very convincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment