Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nepal Day 3 - World Trade Center Views

This is the national soccer stadium. The seats are concrete.
Here's a view of the city from the WTC.
This street view looks more organized than any street I actually traveled on in 12 days.

*****
While at the WTC I headed to the bathroom. There were a long line of unoccupied urinals. I walked to the second one. A man followed behind and took the one right next to me. (Major social faux pax in the US, but whatever...) He proceeded to lean his head over the divider and unabbashedly check me out.
In a split second I had to decide: Do I get mad? Do I readjust to try to make myself more presentable? Do I say, "Since we're on these terms would you like to join me for coffee?" Of course, I did none of the above. As I headed out the door I said, "I hope I represented white people well."

No comments:

Post a Comment