Monday, December 22, 2008

Are conservatives this stupid?

Pause... Count to ten...

The Washington Examiner ran a piece that has been e-mailed to me by my conservative friends. It's not worth reading. I only provided the link to prove I'm not making it up.

The guy is arguing that the future obligations of the US are greater than the current assets. I won't dispute his math (which is disputable). My reaction: Who cares?

I imagine someone coming to me in a panic: "Steve, do you have enough assets to pay all of your bills - mortgage, electricity, heating oil, credit cards, etc. for the next 50 years?"

"Umm, no."

"Then you are bankrupt. You are bankrupt!"

*****
With this type of insightful analysis Obama's headed for a long eight years.

And I have probably just lost a few conservative friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment